Monday, March 7, 2011

curtains for you

Recently we took a trip to Oregon. We had a great experience visiting with our children and grandchildren. On the way home we took a detour and went to a Goodwill in Medford. I found a peach and white printed curtain and thought the lace would look beautiful if made into a dress. It took me a little bit of time, but I finished it today and think it is just peaches and cream.I added a bit of lace I gleened from an old wedding dress. The motif has pearls and sequins to adorn it. Also the pearls are complimented by a strand of trim along the dropped waist line and around the neck. The sleeves are 3/4 length, and have the same lace as the bottom ruffle. It is a three tiered ruffled dress with a peach lining and petticoat underneath. The large bow is detachable. I think it would make some little girl very happy. It is a size 2-3 years.

2 comments:

  1. Barb! I remember when that cur . . . er . . . dress was just a plain old curtain. What an adventure we had getting that curtain and the end result sure is worth it.

    ReplyDelete