Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dancing ladies

One day when I was visiting my local Hospice thrift store, I noticed a bunch of hand embroidered vintage pillow cases hanging in the linen section. They were so beautiful. Someone did a lot of work on them. My favorite was one with ladies in pink hoop skirts dancing around the hem line. It also had flowers and hem stitching. I thought it would make a wonderful creation for Amma J's. I also had picked up a few weeks earlier this pink table cloth. At first I thought it was fabric, but when I unrolled it, it turned out to be a table cloth. It was an exact match for the color on the ladies' skirts. I decided to add some pink and white lace I had found to the bottom of the pillow case. It wasn't gathered, so I had to do that. Then I wanted to carry the flower motief onto the peter pan collar so I embroidered the same image onto the white collar. I added some pink piping for good effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment