Saturday, February 12, 2011

Strawberry Scarlett dress

One day I was visiting one of my favorite thrift stores that benefit a local charity. I saw the most amazing curtains. They were embelished with strawberries and leaves, and looked so light and airy. I began to formulate in my mind what they could be made into. The result was this gorgeous summer dress. I seem to be having trouble uploading the image. I'll try  a little later, or you can go to Amma J's on etsy. Just follow the link. Any way I made some Strawberry pockets, and added red rick-rack to enhance the hemline and flutter sleeves. I wrapped the rick-rack with green embroidery floss. I found a strawberry applique at the thrift store as well. The petticoast is made from another set of sheer curtains, and a white satin ribbon is tied in the back. I can't wait to find a little girl to belong to this sweet creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment